Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Tim & Julia - Day 1 : The Worst Day of Our Lives

I think the title says it all. :) Okay okay... it wasn't THAT bad. Mind over body, right?
Tim and & I started our cleanse yesterday. Well, we actually started Monday night, with some Senna Tea. (Dorth, that Apple-Cinn sounds good!).

Tuesday morning, we decided to wake up extra early to get a start with the Salt Wash. 7:30a for me... 7:40a for Tim. Tim used our glass Pyrex measuring cup and made the whole quart. I started with the 1/2 quart pyrex glass. First impression: "This will be easy! It's like flavorless Chicken Noodle Soup -- minus the noodles.

*I* only got less than half-way when I'd had enough. Tim worked his way through it. Go Tim! I slowly made my way through the half-quart (while frantically reading The Master Cleanse.pdf for a loop-hole.) Did you know that it's totally fine to just drink the lax. tea morning and night? Yup... it says that if you need the extra HELP, then you can do the salt wash... or I guess if you want a more thorough clean... WHATEVER! I'm sticking to the tea! (Then Tim made me compromise: 1/2 quart of salt water, cup of senna tea). okay.

Let's see... I think both Tim and I had some decent poo's before leaving for school and work. I tried to get a pic of Tim on the John, but he felt it was too personal. :) Both of our poo was very soft...and orangy-brown.
At work, I went about... 4-6 times. It kinda came in groups. Like I'd be fine for an hour, then I'd have to run and pee or poo for 3 x 10 min increments. Then I'd have another hour or two... then another set. Not too bad. I never really felt hungry... just had a strong urge and desire to SNACK! Wheat Thins! Crackers! Chip Chips! Granola Bars! Fruit Snacks! (We've got a kitchen/Snack area at work).

The lemonade was pretty good. Took a little to get used to it. After a while, I got used to the burning Cayenne.

After work was pretty hard. Usually, I'll go pick up Tim from campus at around 4:30p, then we'll head home and make dinner or grab something out-and-about to eat. It's kinda a ritual, I guess. Well, needless to say... we felt like our world was crashing down around us. We had no desire to go out. We just went home and played a couple hours of World of Warcraft to keep our minds off of it. Of course, Tim would constantly ask me, "What do you want for dinner?" or "Ready for dinner?" He'd say we could pretend to be eating a nice juicy hamburger, or fried chicken, or peanut butter. (BTW, it's pretty sad to realize how much you snack throughout the day, or to see WHAT THINGS you'd eat--JUNK FOOD!!)

Tim and I both admit that last night was the hardest... we both almost gave in. We've made a pact (unless we need to ween ourselves off the diet): After we close our fast on sunday, we're gonna go to Betos and get a greasy Breakfast Burrito. hehe. ;)

No comments: