Monday, February 19, 2007

Day 1 - Is it black?

Ok, so I've about finished day one. :) Nope, no black poo or anything. Dot asked me on the phone.... So, last night, I drank some Peppermint tea - which I was told has a mild laxative effect. After a couple of hours, I was hungry for my late night snack, so I made some lemon drink. Now, just to let everyone know, the pdf from the podiatrist lists the cayenne pepper amount wrong! :) I found out the hard way. He has it listed at 1/10 Tablespoon, when in fact it should be only 1/10 of a teaspoon. So, it was kinda spicy, and my stomach was burning as I went to bed. Wasn't sure if I was going to make it for 10 days - if I were going to go that long. So, I think I woke up at about 2am and had to go pee....I went for a loooonnngggg time. Probably the longest micturation I've taken in the night. Weird. Then, in the AM, this morning, I went ahead and made the salt wash with 1quart of warm h2o and 2 teaspoons of sea salt. It took me about 1 hour to finally get most of it down. It was definately a little strange, but not to the point that I couldn't do it-just imagine drinking sea water while you're out in the ocean. After about 1/2 an hour of starting the drink, I started using the john. This proceeded for about 1-2 hours of just going back to talk to john. Dallin was wondering why I had to go so much - he wanted to play some games. My stomach was a little uncomfortable because of so much water, but once it left my system, I've been fine. After that, when I started to feel hungry, I made my next cup of lemonade - after I guzzled it, I checked the website and book, and realized that the cayenne pepper amount was wrong :(. Good thing I didn't make the "large" batch.

So...I've found that if I use a 32oz water jug, fill it to 32oz, then juice 2 lemons, add 8 Tbs of maple syrup (4 fluid oz.), and a somewhat heaping 1/3 teaspoon of cayenne (about 2mils). Once it's all in, just shake and drink. 2 of the 32oz jugs a day should be sufficient. I just made sure that I drank more when it was supposed to be meal time. Oh, and it doesn't taste bad - actually pretty good, just weird because of the 'zing' from the cayenne pepper...

So, the result. I haven't been hungry at all. I have noticed that I habitually snack, and that was the hard part - not grabbing a snack. I didn't crave anything. And I haven't pooped since this morning when I did the wash. Don't know if that's a good thing or bad. :) Tomorrow I'll forgo the wash, because I don't think I can work and "run" at the same time. HAHA!

32oz Maple Syrup Grade B - $14.00
Walmart Organic Lemons (in 2 bags of 10) - $5.00 each bag
Red Ground Pepper - Cayenne - $2.14
Toilet paper - priceless!

-aaron

No comments: